This is the most common Ventsim™ license type. A Floating License operates in the following manner:
- Assigned to a company site and activated on a single computer
- May be transferred between computers at the same site
- Can only be run on one computer at a time
- Is managed at our central Ventsim™ license server – requires internet access to activate/deactivate/transfer the license
USB Hardware License
This license operates similarly to the Floating License, however it is accessed via a USB key instead of the internet. The same user/computer activation restrictions apply to this license as to the floating license.
Server licenses allow for the management of multiple licenses for a single site. This type of license is ideal for organisations that require multiple installations and users of Ventsim™.
Licenses can be managed locally by the organisation or on our central Ventsim™ server.
- Internet Server License
- Multiple licenses for an organisational site are managed by our Ventsim™ server. These are automatically activated and released in Ventsim™ as required (when Ventsim™ software is opened and closed).
- Requires continuous internet connection
- Automatic activation requires an available license
- Licenses can be loaned from the server to allow offline use or prevent others from activating/using the software
- Local Server License
- Similar to an Internet Server License, however the Site administers the license management software locally
- Does not require continuous internet connection